Presently, face identification technology is the most prevalent technique of IDV. Face identification has been adopted in several industries to limit several fraudulent activities like identity scams. Although the idea of a face recognition system links to an external site. isn’t new in present years we have seen a massive increase in biometric technology. It’s usually adopted by international and national entities. Therefore, face identification is also adopted in airports and malls to screen an individual device’s features, we will try to comprehend what face identification is, how it operates and what use-cases it can have. Face recognition technology is now one of the most common identification solutions for online IDV.
What Is Face Identification?
Face identification is a technology competent in recognizing or authenticating a person through a picture, liveness detection, or any audiovisual component of his face. Usually, this recognition is adopted to authorize an app, software, or service.
It is a technique of biometric verification links to an external site. that utilizes that body measures, in this matter facial scans, to authenticate the identity of an individual through its facial biometric pattern and information. A facial recognition system gathers a set of unique biometric information of every person related to their face and facial appearance to recognize, authenticate, or validate an individual.
The Rise of Face Identification System
The process solely needs any system that has a digital photographic element to create and requires the pictures and information vital to develop and record the biometric facial guide of the individual that requires to be recognized.
Unlike other recognition solutions such as passwords, authentication by email, selfies or pictures, or fingerprint recognition, face identification adopts unique mathematical and effective patterns that make this software one of the secure and most efficient solutions.
The idea of face identification is, from the incoming picture, to find a set of information of the similar face in a series of training pictures in a database. The main problem is making sure that this procedure is done in real-time, something that is not feasible to all facial recognition online providers.
The face identification procedure can be done two alternatives depending on when it is done:
- A face identification method directs a face to display it and relate it with identification, in such a manner that it is registered in the software. This procedure is also known as online onboarding with face identification.
- The alternative in which the client is validated, prior to being registere. In this procedure, the incoming information from the front camera is blended with the present information in the system. If the face matches a presently registered identity, the client is given access to the software with his information.
HOW DOES FACE RECOGNITION WORK?
Face identification systems capture an incoming picture from a front-camera mechanism in a two-dimensional or three-dimensional method dependent on the features of the device.
These ones associated the similar data on the incoming picture signal in real-time in picture or video in a database, being much more dependent and safe than the data acquired in a static picture. This biometric facial recognition system requires a WiFi connection since the database cannot be found on the capture mechanism as it is hosted on systems.
In this identification of faces, it examines the incoming picture without any edge of mistake and it authenticates that the biometric information matches the individual who must utilize the service or is demanding authorization to an app, software, or system.
Thanks to the adoption of AI and ML, face identification systems can perform with the greatest safety and precision standards. Furthermore, in recognition of the integration of these mechanisms and computing methods, the procedure can be performed in a few seconds.
Biometric Face Identification Use Cases:
Face identification utilizes a concentration of validation or authentication. This technology links to an external site. is adopted, for instance, in circumstance such as:
- Two-factor authentication, to give additional security in any log-in procedure.
- Access to the mobile app without a passcode.
- Access to prior contracted digital services (login on digital platforms, for instance)
- Entrance to buildings (jobs, functions, facilities of any sort …).
- Installment method, both in physical and digital shops.
- Access to a secured device.
- Check-in in air terminals, malls, public facilities, or arenas.